- Apply for disaster assistance from FEMA through disasterassistance.gov.
- Download a guide to repairing your home after a flood from the American Red Cross.
- Read this DIY to flood repairs from Angie's List.
- Here are some DIY tips on installing insulation and drywall in your home.
- Go to WAFB.com for your area's emergency contact number, emergency medical numbers and to find shelters near you.
- If you lost your home in the flood and need a place to stay while you make home repairs, go to AirBnb.com to find free accommodations or ask for help on the Adopt a Louisiana Family Facebook page.
- All you need to know about disaster assistance is in this WAFB resource.
How to Help
- Adopt a Louisiana Family to stay in your home through this locally-run Facebook page.
- Volunteer at or donate to one of the distribution centers found on WAFB.com.
- Give financially to one of the organizations serving in disaster relief found on WAFB.com.
- All you need to know about volunteering and flood relief updates is in this WAFB resource.
- Offer to wash clothes for a family or families who lost their home.
- Provide food for a home hosting flood victims.
- Start or join a volunteer team to help people get wet furniture, sheetrock and insulation out of their home.